NIJ International Center: International Government Research Directors Network
The International Center hosts regular meetings of the International Government Research Directors Network (IGRD) which has
served since 1998 as an informal pathway to exchange information, coordinate research goals, share research concerns and foster
joint research among nations. IGRD consists of top leadership from major criminal justice research agencies around the world,
and seeks to include other international criminal justice research institutions.
Recent IGRD meetings were held in:
- Ljubljana, Slovenia (Sept. 9-12, 2009): This meeting was held concurrently with the European Society of Criminology Conference.
- Stockholm, Sweden (June 22-24, 2009): This meeting was held concurrently with the Stockholm Criminology Symposium.
- Edinburg, Scotland (Sept. 1-2, 2008): This meeting was held concurrently with the European Society of Criminology Conference. During this meeting the network decided
to include the word "government" in its title.
- Arlington, Va., USA (July 17-18, 2008): This meeting initiated the beginning of regular meetings of the International Government Research Directors (then the International
Research Directors). The meeting was held concurrently with the National Institute of Justice's annual conference.
Meeting topics included:
- The internationalization of research in the fields of corrections, policing and terrorism.
- Growth of prison populations.
- Internet crime.
- The International Crime Victimization Survey.
Next section: Global Criminal Justice Links.
Date Created: December 20, 2007