Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders
April 14, 2008
Chapter 7. Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Considerations by Crime Category
Section 2 — Computer Intrusion
Potential digital evidence in computer intrusion investigations includes:
- Network devices, routers, switches.
- Handheld mobile devices.
- Removable media.
- External data storage devices.
- Web camera(s).
- Wireless network equipment.
- Lists of contacts and address books.
- Lists of Internet protocol addresses.
- Lists or records of computer intrusion software.
- Records of Internet chat sessions.
- Printed e-mail, notes, and letters.
- Printed computer program code.
- Executable programs.
- Lists of computers accessed.
- Notes or records of Internet activity.
- Usernames and passwords.
Date Created: April 9, 2008