Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders, Second Edition
April 14, 2008
Chapter 7. Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Considerations by Crime Category
Section 6 — E-mail Threats, Harassment and Stalking
Potential digital evidence in e-mail threat, harassment, and stalking investigations includes:
- Handheld mobile devices.
- PDAs and address books.
- Telephone records.
- Diaries or records of surveillance.
- Evidence of victim background research.
- E-mail, notes, and letters.
- Financial or asset records.
- Printed photos or images.
- Legal documents.
- Information regarding Internet activity.
- Printed maps.
Date Created: April 9, 2008