Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders, Second Edition
April 14, 2008
Chapter 7. Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Considerations by Crime Category
Section 1 — Child Abuse and Exploitation
Potential digital evidence in child abuse or child exploitation investigations includes:
- Mobile communication devices.
- Video and still photo cameras and media.
- Calendars or journals.
- Digital camera software.
- Internet activity records.
- Photo editing and viewing software.
- Printed e-mail, notes, and letters and maps.
- Printed images or pictures.
- Notes or records of chat sessions.
- Web cameras and microphones.
- Computer games.
- Printers and copiers.
- Information regarding steganography.
- Removable media.
- External data storage devices.
- Video game consoles, games, and expansion packs.
- References to user-created folders and file names that classify images.
Date Created: April 9, 2008