Electronic Crime Scene Investigation: A Guide for First Responders, Second Edition
April 14, 2008
Chapter 7. Electronic Crime and Digital Evidence Considerations by Crime Category
Section 5 — Domestic Violence, Threats and Extortion
Potential digital evidence in domestic violence, threats, and extortion investigations includes:
- Removable media.
- User names and accounts.
- External data storage devices.
- Mobile communication devices.
- Telephone records.
- PDAs or address books.
- Financial or asset records.
- Personal writings and diaries.
- Information regarding Internet activity.
- Printed e-mail, notes, and letters.
- Legal documents.
- Caller ID units.
Date Created: April 9, 2008