Institutional Corrections Technology Working Group Priorities
The Institutional Corrections Technology Working Group has identified the following technology needs:
- Alternative ways to determine if a person is hiding illegally inside a structure to prevent the possibility of escapes (for
example, with devices that can detect heartbeats).
- Technology that would allow correctional agencies to manage inmates' access to the Internet.
- Enhanced metal detection capability.
- Evaluation of commercially available handheld products that can detect cell phones.
- Data to assess the effects of radio frequency energy that can jam illegally used cell phones.
- Data to assess the effects of low-dose radiation X-ray systems that detect contraband hidden in body cavities.
- Development of selection and implementation guides on corrections technology.
- Evaluation of the impact of technology.
Date Created: January 8, 2008