Men who use Prostitutes
Studies about male clients of female prostitutes have focused on:
- How the clients compare to the general male population.
- Whether they are violent.
- Whether arresting them deters future visits to prostitutes.
Research has shown that men who visit prostitutes:
- Are substantially deterred from future visits by arrest.
- Are not highly deviant or crime-involved.
- Feel entitled to sex with prostitutes if they are not being satisfied by a conventional partner.
- Do not express opinions that support violence against women.
Men who are violent toward prostitutes:
- Are likely to have a criminal past.
- Are likely to have a history of violent offenses, rape and property crime.
Date Created: September 29, 2009