Promising Areas in Information-Led Policing
NIJ is enhancing information-led policing through several emerging areas:
Research and Development
- Identity matching and entity resolution.
- Positive identification information sharing (e.g., photos, fingerprints).
- Global Justice XML Data Model-based messaging for law enforcement.
- Data analysis tools for multidiscipline data-sharing systems.
- Alert system mechanism to notify law enforcement agencies of “hits.”
Testing and Evaluation
- Proof-of-concept implementation of the Justice Reference Architecture (JRA).
- Proof-of-concept for matching, scoring, and filtering of data for law enforcement.
Date Created: November 15, 2007