Submit Your Ideas for NIJ Research to be Presented at IACA's 2015 Conference
NIJ and the International Association of Crime Analysts have joined forces. In lieu of NIJ's traditional Crime Mapping Research Conference and NIJ Conference, NIJ will offer a number of research panels at the 2015 IACA Conference in Denver, Colo., Sept. 22-25, 2015.
NIJ is hosting a call for presentations competition to find the most innovative ideas and cutting edge research that will help make this conference a success.
NIJ is looking for your best ideas that present the innovative use of geographic information systems and spatial data analysis for research, policy evaluation or development, or testing theory that has practical applications.
Presentations at the IACA Conference average 75 minutes. You can choose to submit either a 75 minute presentation of just your material or research, or a 20 minute presentation that will be part of a 75 minute panel with two other presenters.
Winners in the call for papers competition will be reimbursed by NIJ for per diem, conference fees, lodging and domestic travel to Denver in September.
- Only one person per submission will be accepted, regardless of the number of authors contributing to a presentation. Only that person will be funded to attend the conference give the presentation.
- Current NIJ grantees should use your grant funds to travel to the IACA Conference.
- We are unable to provide international travel.
Submitting Your Proposal
All submission forms must be received by April 8, 2015, by 8 p.m. ET.
Submissions are only accepted electronically.
To submit your application:
- Download and complete the submission form (pdf, 4 pages).
- Send your application to Joel.Hunt@usdoj.gov.
Final decisions will be made the week of May 4, 2015. NIJ will notify only winning proposals.