Submit Your Ideas for NIJ Research to be Presented at IACA's 2014 Conference
NIJ and the International Association of Crime Analysts have joined forces. In lieu of NIJ's traditional Crime Mapping Research Conference and NIJ Conference, NIJ will offer a number of research panels at the 2014 IACA Conference in Seattle/Bellevue, Wash., Sept. 9-12, 2014.
NIJ is hosting a call for presentations competition to find the most innovative ideas and cutting edge research that will help make this conference a success.
NIJ is looking for your best ideas for using or advancing geographic information systems (GIS) and spatial analysis, tools and technologies. We welcome submissions about traditional crime-related problems and research findings as well as innovative applications for practice and policy. We also welcome proposals related to the demonstration of technology. Your proposal must relate to mapping practices and tools that are useful to academic and professional communities.
Presentations at the IACA Conference average 75 minutes. You can choose to submit either a 75 minute presentation of just your material or research, or a 20 minute presentation that will be part of a 75 minute panel with two other presenters.
Winners in the call for papers competition will be reimbursed by NIJ for per diem, conference fees, lodging and domestic travel to Seattle/Bellevue in September.
- Only one person per submission will be accepted, regardless of the number of authors contributing to a presentation. Only that person will be funded to attend the conference give the presentation.
- Current NIJ grantees should use your grant funds to travel to the IACA Conference.
- We are unable to provide international travel.
Submitting Your Proposal
All submission forms must be received on or before May 23, 2014 (by 8 p.m. ET)
Submissions are only accepted electronically.
To submit your application:
- Download and complete the submission form (pdf, 4 pages).
- Send your application to Joel.Hunt@usdoj.gov.
Final decisions will be made by June 10, 2014. NIJ will notify only winning proposals by June 17, 2014.