NIJ Training: Collecting DNA Evidence at Property Crime Scenes
This interactive training program is delivered in four modules:
- Types of Evidence.
- Crime Scenes.
- Evidence Collection.
- Combined DNA Index System (CODIS).
Those modules introduce and describe the following key concepts:
- Types of physical evidence frequently encountered at a property crime scene.
- Methods used to maintain the integrity of evidence.
- Types of crime scenes and the methods used to search and document crime scenes.
- Process used to collect, mark, and package biological evidence.
- Crime scene reporting.
- CODIS operated databases.
If you have taken any courses offered through DNA.gov, use your same login and password to access this course.